Kumo Partners – Chicago, IL
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Lead Power Platform Consultant Application.
Founded in Chicago by three long-time Microsoft consultants, Kumo Partners is based around building innovative business solutions using the Power Platform. We believe that an agile IT team working quickly to develop process-based solutions with Office 365 and the Power Platform can respond more effectively to the IT needs of an organization as opposed to traditional development.
Kumo is looking for a Lead Power Platform Consultant with PowerApps, Power Automate, and Power BI experience to join the team and provide expertise and technical support for our clients. In addition, a background in consulting on the Office 365 platform or other cloud solutions is required. As part of our team, you will be responsible for the architecture and development of applications using the Power Platform. You should have strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable managing clients, gathering requirements, creating proposals, leading a development team and have experience working with the Agile methodology. This role requires deploying business apps using the platform and connecting to data stored in the Common Data Service or other data sources (SharePoint, Excel, Office 365, SQL Server, etc.)
We are looking for entrepreneurial, collaborative problem solvers who want to build solutions in an innovative and collaborative atmosphere.
- Develop Office 365 applications and solutions using Power Automate (Flow), Power Apps, Power BI, Dynamics 365, and SharePoint Online.
- Analyze requirements by collaborating with the stakeholders, studying systems flow, data usage, and business processes.
- Design, develop, and maintain key components of the software suite using Office 365 APIs.
- Implement custom solutions that leverage various Office 365 services.
- Demonstrate solutions by creating documentation and communicating with stakeholders and technical teams to describe product features.
- Lead a project from start to finish using the Agile methodology and work with client stakeholders to ensure the success of the project.
- Be trusted to take the lead on architecting complex Power Platform solutions and see them through to user acceptance and completion.
- Help build Power Platform applications that solve business problems and increase efficiency.
- Define and coordinate the efforts of a development team using a centralized backlog with tasks and user stories.
- Analyze client requirements and translate them to new application features.
- Be part of a close-knit team that builds innovative solutions and simplifies business processes.
- 2 or more years experience developing applications working with Microsoft’s Power Platform.
- 4+ years of experience consulting on the Office 365 Platform.
- Experience automating business processes with Power Automate.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Comfortable using Azure DevOps and source control management tools.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Knowledgeable and customer-oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Bonus but Not Required:
- Power BI experience; understanding of how to implement BI dashboards with multiple data sources.
- Experience using API custom-connectors within PowerApps.
- Experience with front end frameworks (React, Angular).
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Integration Services.
- Preferably based in Chicago, can also be remote.
Kumo Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.